At the heart of our service is a desire to remove the division between volunteers and our community. We encourage our volunteers to sit and break bread with our friends. We are cultivating an environment of hospitality where together as a family we take the time to share in life together. It is in these interactions where healing and restoration begin for the members in our community, as well as our volunteers.
There are many services to take part of in our ministry, please continue reading to learn more about the services we provide. If you or your group would like to join us or to learn more information about our services, fellowship and ministry, please contact us at email@example.com or (562) 674-0288.
Food Bank Service
Every Thursday & Saturday
What We Do
Every Saturday, WeHelp distributes groceries through our food bank from 8:30AM-11AM. We serve homeless and at-risk men, women, and children and over 300 low-income families in our local community.
To be able to complete this service, our servants and community volunteers pick up donations from the food bank and local community markets every Thursday.
Please feel free to come join us on either day at any time! God bless your service +
What to Bring
- If it is your first time, please be sure to check in with one of us to complete your Civil Liberties training – it is required to partake in this service!
- Please be sure to wear closed-toe shoes. (If you are prone to being cold, bring a jacket!)
- Please keep your personal belongings locked in your trunk or in your pockets.
- Please utilize our parking lot for parking on 1428 E 16th St.
- If there are any other questions please contact Nadine at (802)444-3514 or the church (562)674-0288
What to Expect
- Service begins 8:00AM to 12PM
- Service on Thursdays focuses on picking up and organizing the donations we receive
- Volunteers will help organize and pack donations for the distribution the following day
- Our friends begin lining up at 7AM, volunteers arriving at 730AM will assist in signing in our friends.
- Our service to give out donations begin at 830AM and ends around 11A
- Our friends will be called by page number from the sign in sheet to come and pick up their groceries
Food Truck Service
Every Saturday 12P to 2P
service is currently on hold due to Covid
What We Do
+ We will meet at 10 am at church to begin preparing the truck.
+ The service will be from 12P – 2P
+ If you are unable to meet at the church by 11:30A, you can drive directly to:
2416 E 11 St
Long Beach, CA 90804
What to Expect
+ We will be parked in the parking lot of the Dream Center in Long Beach at on 11th St and Junipero.
+ We will be setting up tables and chairs in front of the truck and encourage you to sit with our brothers and sisters who are craving human connection, who long to know and be known.
+ If you would prefer to get your feet wet but are shy about sitting with our brethren, we will also need volunteers to pass out the meals and refreshments while others engage our community friends.
What to Donate
Unfortunately, we cannot accept any food donations for this service. All meals pertaining to this service must be prepared in our FoodTruck or a commercial kitchen.
We purchase directly from a wholesaler for best prices and to remain consistency of our service. At this time, we are asking for only monetary donations to run our operation. Please refer to our operation costs to help assist. We appreciate donations of any size +
- Napkins –
- Utensils –
- Cups –
- Foil Trays –
- Gloves –
- Trash Bags –
- Individualized Chips –
- Meat – 80lbs ($2/lb = $160)
- Fruit –
- Bread – ($.20 x 200 = $40)
- Vegetables –
- Water bottles –
- Drinks –
- Plates/Boats –
- Aprons – $5/each X 4 = $20
- Fuel/Gas/Propane – $50
Total Operating costs each week = $
Here is a list of our upcoming services:
Mira’s Boutique – (Weekly – Saturdays)
Mira’s boutique will be another mobile vehicle following our Food Truck ministry. Our mobile boutique will provide hygiene kits, undergarments and bibles to the friends we encounter. We are always looking for donations of hygiene products, socks, underwear, coats, reusable bags and blankets. Hygiene products needed are: shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, non-alcoholic mouthwash, small hand/face towels, female sanitary napkins or tampons, underwear, bras, and socks.
Health Clinic – (Once a month – Date TBD)
Our health clinic will be run by various health practitioners volunteering their time and services. We will also be able to provide items from Mira’s boutique to the visiting members of the clinic.